Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Watson’s GoGreen toothpaste seems to be all about offering their customers choice. Some environmentally aware people may want to avoid SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) while others may not care about this ingredient so we offer both SLS and SLS-free varieties. The same applies to Paraben and sorbital, offering both products with and without the ingredients so consumers can decide for themselves. This is not only beneficial to the consumer but good business practice. Most consumers aren’t ready to switch to an all natural product so offering these hybrids is a great idea! We hope in the future to convert everyone to all natural products.
Toothpaste is a paste or gel dentifrice used with a toothbrush as an accessory to clean and maintain the aesthetics and health of teeth. Toothpaste is used to promote oral hygiene: it serves as an abrasive that aids in removing the dental plaque and food from the teeth, assists in suppressing halitosis, and delivers active ingredients such as fluoride or xylitol to help prevent tooth and gum disease (gingivitis). Most of the cleaning is achieved by the mechanical action of the toothbrush, and not by the toothpaste. Salt and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) are among materials that can be substituted for commercial toothpaste. Toothpaste is not intended to be swallowed, but is generally not very harmful if accidentally swallowed in small amounts
- Tea tree oil: Some sources suggest beneficial medical properties when applied topically, including antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic qualities.
- It is also effective against canker sores, scientifically known as aphthous ulcers.
- Manuka Honey: help to protect oral health- oney protects against damage caused by bacteria. Some honey also stimulates production of special cells that can repair tissue damaged by infection. In addition, honey has an anti-inflammatory action that can quickly reduce pain and inflammation once it is applied.
Cranberry Extract: Plaque fighter
- Emerging science suggests that cranberry contains a powerful nutrients called Proanthocyanidins, also known as PACs.
- PACs can help prevent oral bacteria from sticking to the surface of teeth, hence reducing the formation of plaque and dental caries before they start
- Perilla Seed Extract: Reducing gum inflammation- What scientists are learning is that the oil from perilla seeds is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
- Licorice Root: sweetner- Much of the sweetness in licorice comes from glycyrrhizin, a compound sweeter than sugar.
- CoQ10: The antioxidant role of the molecule as a free radical scavenger
- Environment-over 50 million pounds of plastic toothbrushes are disposed of every year in the U.S.A, which is non-biodegradable.
- We would like to offer and eco-friendly ,biodegradable toothbrush which will help sustain a better environment
- Bamboo is a rapidly growing plant, which is natural cellulose thus making it ecologically the right choice.
- Our packaging for the toothbrushes are from recycled cardboard boxes.
- We recommend you rinse and dry your toothbrush after each use. You may dry the brush by standing it upright in an eco-friendly toothbrush stand or placing it on a dry cloth. The handle is bamboo so don’t store it in water or leave it on a wet surface, this will excel its breakdown and is unhygienic is nature.
- The bamboo is heat treated to carbonize the surface of the bamboo, giving it a quality finish and good service life. The carbonization finishing process provides water resistance and prevents the growth of microbes (bacteria and moulds) during normal use.
- The American Dental Association recommends replacing your toothbrush every three months, and so do we. Your bristle may become fray which indicates on of two things; you are brushing too hard and need to lighten-up on your grip and or your toothbrush bristles are old.
- The Environmental Toothbrush can be disposed of safely by returning it to earth in compost or landfill. Both the bamboo and bristles will biodegrade into soil.